Saturday, April 2, 2011

What Was Woven From My Breast Could Never Capture You


What was woven from my breast could never capture you

Oh, but I was drunken in your sight- a fool stumbling, falling to my knees

Prejudice, prejudice, sweet-what once fed me will feed again

Oh, but prejudice, prejudice, sweet-never gave enough to me

Its syrupy tenderness disguised itself to me

It's enough

It's enough

I am my mother in the ground

I am my mother in the womb

It's enough

It's enough

I am what was in the dust

I am what was on a shield

I am what was buried deep beneath you

I am what a sky always held

And what these stars could never tell

I am a fool, drunken in your sight- stumbling, falling to my knees

What was woven from my breast could never capture you


Yeah, I do title cop-outs like the Greeks. Neoclassicism, baby.
-M

2 comments:

  1. Aright... were the curtains supposed to be shaped like boobs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAA- XD
    Noooo!!!!! No. No they were not.

    ReplyDelete