Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hey, bologna rocks.

Here's to all of the students who get by on the sheer force of creativity and imagination. 'Cause, hey, if you can't draw a straight line to it, it's best to distract them with circles. Cheers!















How I pass Theory of Knowledge
I watched them paint their bodies
And thrash with pagan, rhythmic dancing
They gave me a mother
Who carried me in her womb
And there she whispered her secrets to me
I let a brother die,
I loved the man they stoned,
I killed the woman he wanted,
I abandoned her weeping child
I fell from the violent warmth that she carried me in
And they tagged me
Swathed in cotton and sterility
They herded me into a box
And sliced lines into my chest
I was measured and divided
They swore that they would find me
"I am here! I am here," I shouted
And then, "I am clean"
I wept for my mother
I curled into a box
I danced, painted and pagan
I drew lines
I fell to their floor shouting!
I fell to their floor spinning!
"I am here! I am here," I shouted
And then, "What am I? What am I?"
I fell to their floor

10 points for anyone who can relate this to knowing!
Oh, good old bologna, you serve me so well...
-M

1 comment:

  1. well, it starts out with tradition as a test of truth,

    then the mother obviously symbolizes evolution and heredity and emotion, comforting, shielding, also unclean.

    Then language; you were born, then other people "tagged" you, the advantage taken over a newborn showing how little you control what your words mean to other people (ex., this analysis) and also that words are not your own.

    The logic was a teeny bit obvious (jk totally obvious), instilled upon you rather than naturally germinating or given by others,

    and the questions at the end ask if an unborn child, an idea in the mind of another, a dissected young woman, can be called a human, and what kind of human is she, anyway?

    ReplyDelete